Mr Nibbles Forever - Getting it done
I talked about this in my last blog post but Mr Nibbles Forever is starting to take shape now. The features have been ready for some time now and the the last update saw 95% of the game’s artwork go in. Basically the game itself its pretty much there apart from bug fixes and polish.
Anyone who has worked with indie games will tell you that making the game is the easy bit, its all the rest that is hard. Its that phase that I am now entering into. There is much that I need to do before I can release the game so I thought I would try to get some goals for the next few weeks so I can plan out the next series of steps and hopefully it will help others who are in a similar situation.
1) Design landing page for the game. This is important as I will need a place to put the trailer and to send people who are interested in the game. I have read several good resources on how this page should look. Some examples of other landing pages are: http://www.pixelprospector.com/list-of-websites-and-blogs-from-game-developers/. Once landing page is designed, run it pass some designer friends for help improving it.
2) Pester people for feedback on Alpha 8. I need to get some real-world feedback for the game so I can fix bugs and improve the polish for release 9.
3) Contact some marketing people for help and advice.
29th June – 5th July
1) Do bug-fixing and polish pass of the game. Push release 9 of the game to people for testing and feedback.
6th – 12th July
1) Implement landing page design.
3) Gather feedback from release 9 of the game
13th – 19th July
1) Do bug-fixing and polish pass of the game. Push release 10 of the game to people for testing and feedback.
2) Research and plan the teaser trailer.
3) Construct Press Kit
20th – 26th July
1) Create game trailer and publish to landing page.
2) Contact media and other social networks, point to landing page.
27th July – 2nd August
1) Final bug fix and polish pass.
2) Contact more media and social networks.
3rd – 9th August
1) Release Android version of the game.
2) Contact media and social networks.
10th – 16th August
1) Release iOS version of the game.
2) Contact media and social networks
Well that’s the plan anyways. We will see if its fee sable over the coming weeks. Ill try to stick to it where I can. Given that I can stick to it then hopefully the game should be released in 6-weeks!